“Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.” 2 Corinthians 8:12 NLT
“For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.” 2 Corinthians 9:10 NLT
Splagchnizomai !! Euphoria !! The omni present season of giving! The photos on this page are from the 2015 Christmas Holiday season (8 months into our courtship) when we donated hats, scarves, gloves, toiletries, and non-perishable food items to those in need at the Metro Atlanta Taskforce for the Homeless. We were so humbled and amazed by the thankfulness of those who received that we decided we would continue to promote giving, especially during the holidays. We truly wanted GOD to use our courtship for His glory by giving, and moving forward, we want GOD to use our marriage by continuing to give as well.
We are beyond excited and humbled to unite in Holy Matrimony during the holiday season! We want our union to be purposeful and to represent giving.
We are humbled and we recognize that we are truly Christ’s Servants. Our passion is giving and we love to celebrate GOD’s blessings by giving. The additional photos are from the future bride’s December 2015 graduation from the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Graduate Occupational Therapy Program. GOD decided to use her graduation as a way to help those in need at the Pathways of Birmingham Homeless Shelter for Women and Children. With the help of friends and family who were present at the graduation, the future bride was able to donate over 30 new, unwrapped toys and 10-12 large plastic bags of gently used clothing, which truly blessed those in need. We truly love giving back to GOD, and we know that when we give, His kingdom is edified and His glory is illuminated.
Our wedding date, December 3rd, 2016, will kick off the 1st ever Holiday Gurley’s Giving Campaign which will occur annually. Prayerfully, we plan to celebrate every wedding anniversary that GOD allows us to experience solely by giving with the intention of uplifting, restoring, and serving the community.
In lieu of traditional wedding gifts, we are asking guests to bring the following items for donations:
1. School supplies to support Dekalb County Schools- dry erase markers, composition notebooks, pens, paper, pencils, Kleenex, crayons, construction paper, book bags, markers, spiral notebooks, calculators.
2. Baby products to support new moms and families in underserved Atlanta communities: bottles, pacifiers, diapers, onesies, diaper bags, socks, hats, spoons, cups, formula, car seats, strollers.
3. Clothing to support homeless shelters during the winter months: hats, scarves, gloves, coats, boots.
4. Monetary contributions for a FAMU Scholarship and student support program:
- God’s Gurley Giving 1887 Scholarship
- Amount: $1,500 annually
- Details: Awarded to one eligible Rattler (sophomore, junior, or senior) annually to support academic matriculation and/or degree completion. #GGG1887ScholarshipAward
- God’s Gurley Giving 1887 Student Support Program
- Details: groceries, gas, and/or text book sponsorship for FAMU students; students enrolled in our data base will be drawn at random for monthly support
5. Canned food products and/or non-perishable food items to support the Atlanta Community Foodbank and local homeless shelters
6. New (unwrapped) toys to support Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta Elementary Schools, daycare centers, and low-income families
If you are aware of a community need and/or recognize a void that our wedding can be used to fill, please don’t hesitate to let us know! We want GOD to use us and our wedding to restore the community! Thank you for Giving with the Gurley’s! Please bring your donations to the wedding reception. We are so excited to have you give with us!
“You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”” 2 Corinthians 9:7 NLT